Day 2 (cont.)
Well I thought I would add some more today. Discuss something that I am trying right now. My friend Malak is a Muslim female and she is observing Ramadan, so I thought I would try it to....you know the ongoing search for spiritual truth. I am also doing this to get a better understanding of the religion and culture (Let me clarify, I have not converted to Islam)
So today was my first official day - even though yesterday was the first official Ramadan day. So, the rule is basically to abstain from all things pleasurable and no food or drink from sun up to sun down. I was successful today. I ate breakfast at 430am before I went to bed and then woke up at 12pm. And then avoided my daily routine of eating and drinking lots of water...until 710pm which is what time my friend Malak told me was officially sun down in Dallas.
Then I went to subway and got me a 2 footlongs for 7.99...and I have managed to eat 1 and 1/3 sandwiches. I will save the rest for later. I really want to see how far I can go and how much will power I have. Plus any spiritual enlightenment would be great. I read some where that Jesus once said that we should all try fasting to achieve a spiritual awakening...not sure if that was true...I remember reading it off a website.
well anyway...I am going to make it 1.5 sandwiches here in a minute.
Later
So today was my first official day - even though yesterday was the first official Ramadan day. So, the rule is basically to abstain from all things pleasurable and no food or drink from sun up to sun down. I was successful today. I ate breakfast at 430am before I went to bed and then woke up at 12pm. And then avoided my daily routine of eating and drinking lots of water...until 710pm which is what time my friend Malak told me was officially sun down in Dallas.
Then I went to subway and got me a 2 footlongs for 7.99...and I have managed to eat 1 and 1/3 sandwiches. I will save the rest for later. I really want to see how far I can go and how much will power I have. Plus any spiritual enlightenment would be great. I read some where that Jesus once said that we should all try fasting to achieve a spiritual awakening...not sure if that was true...I remember reading it off a website.
well anyway...I am going to make it 1.5 sandwiches here in a minute.
Later

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home