Saturday, February 11, 2006

How do you...

How do you react to someone, whom you have known almost a third of your life, who says sorry I don't want to be in your life anymore, because I am tired of dealing with your weight and when you thoughts are I am tired of you having to deal with my weight?

5 Comments:

Blogger The Catapillar said...

I wish I could tell you the answer. I am sorry you are having to deal with this pain. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

2/18/2006 05:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't react. You reflect and see where things went wrong or if things even went wrong. Reflection is in order at this point so that growth and change can occur.

3/06/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Russell L. Smith said...

There has been lots of reflecting in the past, its an ongoing issue. At some point you have to stop beating a dead horse. Plus the person in my life that this issue is about - has stated that we are growing apart and that's life.

So, what can ya do?

3/14/2006 02:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regroup. Reflect. Collect. Dissect.

Get to the bottom of the issue(s). Understand that the world doesn't owe you a damn thing. You make your world whatever you want it to be.

Are you a leader or a follower? Do you let things hinder your growth and maturation? Are you co-dependent or independent? Do you feel you are evolving or unraveling?

Where is Russell? Who is Russell? Does Russell know Russell? Does Russell like Russell?

You have to answer these questions in order to figure out your place. But, the only way to answer is by spiritually looking inward.

Reflecting.

Don't give up. Organize. Plan. Attain goals set forth by you for you. Don't lose sight.

3/14/2006 08:40:00 PM  
Blogger Christi Nielsen said...

mmmmmmmmkay. I agree with Russell that sometimes you have to stop beating that horse.

Besides, I'm a different person every few years, every few months, etc. I'm all for reflecting, BUT if I HAVE to have all those questions answered, I'd be reflecting 24/7! While I was trying to figure out my place, I'd never be leaving it.

I've grown more in the last 3 years than ever before, and it wasn't by planning things out before I ever took a step. I just decided to feel my way through. It's the best thing I ever did.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't reflect on our lives, our choices, etc. But I think that we can become paralyzed by placing too much emphasis on strategic planning instead of living. Nothing is guaranteed. If you're that married to your plan, you're in for a lot of reflecting when your self-created box falls apart.

4/03/2006 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home