Why?
Each Year
- Over 17,000 people die from a drunk driving related accident.
- Over 4,500 people die from illegal drugs.
- An estimated 442,000 people die from a smoking related death.
My point being, that in this country it is acceptable to be an alcoholic, a drug addict and a smoker. But to be fat, no way that can't be tolerated. Because my being fat isn't visually appealing to the next person. But does my being fat harm the next person as the others do?
As I think back upon my life I can only recall one incident, that might have harmed others due to my weight. There was that time when I was a kid I got stuck in the water slide tube thing at Water Town, causing a back up...but thinking about it no one got hurt, except my back was red.
I poke fun. Mainly because people can see that I am fat, but most of those alcoholics, drug users and smokers can hide their addictions. And I think that is the main issue, people don't like to look at fat people.
I know there is a toll on the health care system from fat people, but smokers, drunks, and drug addicts contribute to that as well.
And just so you know I check out all the facts....some website suggest that an estimated 300,000 people die each year from obesity related deaths. Website I consulted, thetruth.com, ww2.jsonline.com, and askyahoo.com
- Over 17,000 people die from a drunk driving related accident.
- Over 4,500 people die from illegal drugs.
- An estimated 442,000 people die from a smoking related death.
My point being, that in this country it is acceptable to be an alcoholic, a drug addict and a smoker. But to be fat, no way that can't be tolerated. Because my being fat isn't visually appealing to the next person. But does my being fat harm the next person as the others do?
As I think back upon my life I can only recall one incident, that might have harmed others due to my weight. There was that time when I was a kid I got stuck in the water slide tube thing at Water Town, causing a back up...but thinking about it no one got hurt, except my back was red.
I poke fun. Mainly because people can see that I am fat, but most of those alcoholics, drug users and smokers can hide their addictions. And I think that is the main issue, people don't like to look at fat people.
I know there is a toll on the health care system from fat people, but smokers, drunks, and drug addicts contribute to that as well.
And just so you know I check out all the facts....some website suggest that an estimated 300,000 people die each year from obesity related deaths. Website I consulted, thetruth.com, ww2.jsonline.com, and askyahoo.com

3 Comments:
So then YOU DO AGREE that being fat is an addiction?
I ask based off this comment from your post: "I poke fun. Mainly because people can see that I am fat, but most of those alcoholics, drug users and smokers can hide their additions."
"Hide" being the operative word here suggesting addictions can be visible or invisible.
Thus concluding that being obese is a form of an addiction to something, i.e., over-eating, insercurity, low self-esteem, laziness, etc...
Did I read this wrong?
yes over-eating and obesity can be seen as an addiction, but can be catagorized as a disease as alcoholism is seen as a disease.
You are soo right!
Post a Comment
<< Home